The Design Assistant will support the Product Manager and Design team in the design, fit and development of the programs.
He/she will be responsible to update Visual Line Lists, Merchandise Boards and trace Prototype development for Innov8 programs. He/she will assist with the development of artwork for garments, accessories and or trims. He/she will maintain the color, material and trim libraries, coordinate wash tests, and oversea material swatch set assembly. There will be other projects assigned to assist in the seasonal development of the product category and product presentations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Updates Technical Design images and information on Tech packs
- Color or re-color prints, plaids and patterns to prepare them for print ready art
- Manages, measure and organize prototypes
- Designs and develops materials and trims
- Responsible to keep up to date records and library
- Review lab dips (and related color submits) and manages the color library
- Performs the wash testing and maintains accurate records
- Organizes work to align with the design/development calendar
- Organizes and maintains seasonal prototype lines and manages check out and wear test records
- Designs and develops patterns and/or trims under the direction of the Designer and/or Technical Designer
- Assists Technical Designer during fit sessions with Technical Designers, Designers and Product Development
- Assists in the review, revisions and records specifications for changes made during the development process including fit, styling and/or construction details
- Clearly and expeditiously communicates changes and information to internal team
- Prepares swatch sets for seasonal sales meetings
- Other duties as assigned
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Adherence to Noble Rider LLC Policies and Procedures; Upholds organizational values.
- Observes safety and security procedures; Uses equipment and materials properly; Reports potentially unsafe conditions.
- Maintains Noble Rider LLC confidentiality terms and agreements per employee handbook
- Is consistently at work and on time;
- Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Remains open to other’s ideas and shares expertise with others; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Works ethically and with integrity.
- Treats people with respect and consideration.
- Exhibits sound and accurate judgment and willingness to make decisions; Supports and explains reasoning decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Measures self against standard of excellence; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Reacts well under pressure; Accepts responsibility for own actions
- Meets productivity standards; Strives to increase productivity; Completes tasks correctly and on time; Uses time efficiently; Aligns work with strategic goals; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Displays orientation to profitability
- Exceptional organizational skills required and the ability to prioritize workflow based on PO schedule.
- Demonstrates willingness to go above and beyond the minimum requirements to reach team goals.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
- Fashion or Industrial Design or related degree from an accredited University. Experience working in a design or development environment highly preferred.
Language Skills: Exceptional written and verbal English communication skills are required. Aptitude for active participation in open-minded exchange of ideas is highly beneficial.
- Ability to verbally explain construction fit and pattern revision instructions clearly and concisely.
- Ability to present information effectively in one-on-one and small group presentations to customers, clients, and other employees of Noble Rider LLC.
Mathematical Skills: Must possess:
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide numbers, fractions and percentages
- Knowledge of garment seam construction to properly use a measuring tape
Reasoning Ability: Creative problem solving skills using sound judgment and diplomacy are necessary. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written and oral instructions. Exceptional organizational skills required.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have extensive computer experience including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. Experience with Photoshop or CAD pattern software desired.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, and walk. The employee is frequently required to use arms and hands to reach grasp and hold, and fingers to handle and feel. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and distance; for color a minimum of Average rating on the Munsell Farnsworth 100 Hue Color Discrimination Test.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.