Join Our Team
There are currently no positions available at Sherpa Adventure Gear. Please check back frequently as new positions become available often.
Looking for a fun and challenging job in the outdoor industry? Join us at Sherpa Adventure Gear!
We offer a positive work environment, competitive pay, a great benefits package and room for advancement.
Retail Store Associate - Seattle, Washington
Sherpa Adventure Gear is currently looking for three (3) enthusiastic, sales oriented and customer focused Part-Time Retail Store Associates for our flagship store in Seattle, Washington.
View DetailsApply Today
Sherpa Adventure Gear provides a competitive salary, an exciting work environment, and a full range of outstanding benefits along with unbridled support to help our employees succeed.
In the highest reaches of the Himalayas, the Sherpa people lead the world in mountaineering with warmth, grace and good humor. Sherpa Adventure Gear was founded to honor the Sherpa people by creating the best quality outdoor and lifestyle apparel and accessories that fully represent the Himalayan region and the heritage found there. The company employs hundreds of individuals in Nepal creating safe and sustainable employment opportunities. A portion of every sale benefits the empowerment and education of children through the Sherpa Adventure Gear Fund. Sherpa Adventure Gear based in Modesto, CA is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Innov8 Partners, LLC. .
- Welcome and acknowledge guests into the store, ensuring each guest receives excellent service in a friendly environment.
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction through excellent sales service.
- Provide a proven awareness of all product information, merchandise promotions, test merchandise, and advertisements.
- Delight our customers; answer questions, and resolve customer service issues.
- Stock and merchandise store selling floor, fitting rooms, visual displays, presentation, and conditions.
- Assist in daily store recovery before, during, and after store hours.
- Organize stock room according to Operations Policy Manual and participate in receiving and monitoring floor stock.
- Complete sales transactions and maintain proper accountability at registers.
- Process merchandise returns and exchanges.
- Comply with inventory control procedures.
- Maintain a safe work environment.
- Adhere to company policies, procedures, and loss prevention practices.
- Understand and demonstrate the culture of the company.
- Team up with co-workers to ensure proper customer service.
- Stay informed of current outdoor industry and retail trends.
- Consistently provide support to fellow employees through sharing of knowledge, helping to complete tasks and/or assisting in customer interactions.
- Ability to balance competing demands and multiple customers in a dynamic retail environment.
- Previous retail experience preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to work 15-30 hours per week, including night and weekend shifts.
- Ability to stand/walk for extended periods of time, necessary to provide sales floor coverage related to customer service and loss prevention.
- Ability to reach overhead, bend, squat, kneel, and carry product, necessary for customer service, inventory re-stock, and store merchandising.
- Ability to walk up and down staircase, carrying boxes, product, and other necessary store related items.
- Ability to perform store maintenance items: sweep, vacuum, empty trash, clean, lift boxes up to 55 lbs, climb ladders.